HastySite is a static-site generator, similar to hundreds of others. Why bother with yet another one then?
- has been designed with minimalism in mind. It does not provide many features on its own, but it can be extended do do almost anything you’d want it to do.
- is only comprised by a single executable file, available pre-compiled for all major desktop platforms, and it can be compiled to run on even more via Nim.
- embeds a concatenative programming language in it, that can be used to customize almost every aspect of it.
- can be extended, from the way it processes files to creating custom commands to do literally what you want.
- provides a simple but functional fully-working site template out-of-the-box, which is also the same template used for its web site.
- provides out-of-the-box Markdown support. But not just any markdown, HastyScribe-compatible markdown, which extends the alredy-amazing and powerful Discount engine with more useful features such as snippets, macros, fields and transclusion.
- provides a robust logic-less templating engine based on mustache.
- provides support for SCSS-like partials and CSS variables, which don’t substitute a full fledged CSS preprocessor like LESS or SASS, but they do help.
Technology and Credits
HastySite has been built leveraging the following open source projects:
- The min programming language.
- The HastyScribe markdown compiler.
- The moustachu mustache template engine.
Special thanks also to the creators and maintainers of the following projects, that made HastySite possible:
- The Nim programming language, used to develop HastySite and all the above-mentioned projects.
- The Discount markdown compiler, used as the basis for HastyScribe.
Sites Using HastySite
HastySite powers the following web sites: